Energy stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $72.22.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 2.2% to $9.44, near the 52-week high of $9.51.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.