Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.1% to a new 52-week high of $17.56.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 0.5% today.
- USA Compression Partners LP (USAC): USAC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.