Energy stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 4.8% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 2.1% today.
- USA Compression Partners LP (USAC): USAC stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.6% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.