Energy stocks fell broadly 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 7.1% today and up 31.0% in the last month.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.7% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): ANR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 1.1% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 2.9% today.
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Chevron Corp (CVX): CVX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 1.1% today and down 25.9% in the last month.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.