Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is up 3.7% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 2.9% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 0.8% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is up 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 4.5% today.
- Reinsurance Group of America Inc (RGA): RGA stock is down 4.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is down 3.8% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is down 3.2% today.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is down 3.0% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 2.0% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.