Financial stocks fell on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wellpoint Health Networks Inc (WLP): WLP stock is up 6.8% today.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 2.5% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 2.3% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 1.9% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 5.7% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 4.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 3.9% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is down 3.9% today.
- New York Community Bancorp (NYCB): NYCB stock is down 3.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is down 2.5% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Aflac Incorporated (AFL): AFL stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.