Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is up 3.6% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Acceleron Pharma Inc (XLRN): XLRN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 18.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is down 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 3.0% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.