Healthcare stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 10.0% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 8.0% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 3.9% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 3.1% to $58.43, near the 52-week high of $58.32.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 2.5% today and up 30.4% in the last month.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.1% today and up 20.6% in the last month.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 4.0% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 2.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 2.3% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.