Healthcare stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 5.1% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is up 1.9% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.7% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 2.1% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 1.9% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 1.5% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.4% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.