Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Zimmer Holdings (ZMH): ZMH stock is up 16.9% to a new 52-week high of $106.88.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 3.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 3.0% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $69.66.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 6.2% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is down 5.6% today and down 53.3% in the last month.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 4.8% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 5.2% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 4.8% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 4.7% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 4.4% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 3.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.