Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Lamar Advertising Company (LAMR): LAMR stock is up 5.2% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 4.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is up 4.4% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is up 4.1% today.
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is up 3.9% to a new 52-week high of $5.87.
- Iron Mountain Inc (IRM): IRM stock is up 3.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 3.7% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 3.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Priceline.Com Inc (PCLN): PCLN stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is down 1.6% to a new 52-week low of $34.12.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Scholastic Corp (SCHL): SCHL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO): CMO stock is down 0.9% today.
- America Movil S.A.B. De C.V. (AMX): AMX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE): BOBE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is down 0.8% to a new 52-week low of $48.52.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Life Time Fitness (LTM): LTM stock is down 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.