Services stocks finished up broadly 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sonic Automotive (SAH): SAH stock is up 4.1% today.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF): ANF stock is up 3.5% today.
- Darden Restaurants (DRI): DRI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 2.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is down 3.0% today.
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Amc Networks Inc (AMCX): AMCX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cys Investments Inc (CYS): CYS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Autonation Inc (AN): AN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ventas Inc (VTR): VTR stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- H&R Block (HRB): HRB stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.