Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Rovi Corp (ROVI): ROVI stock is up 5.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is up 3.8% to $45.26, near the 52-week high of $45.25.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $51.40.
- Washington Real Estate Investment (WRE): WRE stock is up 3.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ltc Properties (LTC): LTC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is up 2.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Dupont Fabros Technology (DFT): DFT stock is down 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is down 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Scholastic Corp (SCHL): SCHL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Manchester United Ltd (MANU): MANU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cellcom Israel (CEL): CEL stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- G&K Services (GK): GK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Madison Square Garden (MSG): MSG stock is down 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.