Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vistaprint N.V. (VPRT): VPRT stock is up 6.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is up 6.0% today.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 4.5% today.
- Firstservice Corp (FSRV): FSRV stock is up 3.8% today.
- Marriot Vacations Worldwide Cor (VAC): VAC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG): CMG stock is up 3.2% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is up 3.2% today.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is up 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Rovi Corp (ROVI): ROVI stock is up 2.9% today.
- H&R Block (HRB): HRB stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is down 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mack-Cali Realty Corp (CLI): CLI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS): BWS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP): FSP stock is down 1.4% today.
- P.T. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk. (TLK): TLK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.