Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is up 6.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 4.2% today.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is up 3.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH): NCLH stock is up 3.1% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 2.8% today.
- Korn/Ferry International (KFY): KFY stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG): CMG stock is down 5.9% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD): BWLD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Realty Income Corp (O): O stock is down 2.1% today.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is down 1.9% today.
- Corporate Office Properties (OFC): OFC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Equity Residential (EQR): EQR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT): SKT stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.