Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is up 4.7% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is up 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): AMD stock is up 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Dealertrack Holdings (TRAK): TRAK stock is up 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 3.9% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS): AEIS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is up 3.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Qlik Technologies Inc (QLIK): QLIK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Danaher Corp (DHR): DHR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Analogic Corp (ALOG): ALOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 0.9% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cerner Corp (CERN): CERN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): YHOO stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.