Transportation stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.4% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 0.4% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 0.3% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.