Utilities stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 2.1%, the Nasdaq sank 3.1% and the S&P 500 was down 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.2% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 0.1% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.4% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.