Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 4.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $46.83.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.