Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 3.2% today and up 51.6% in the last month.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.4% today and up 25.2% in the last month.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $97.83.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.1% today and up 26.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.