Utilities stocks advanced broadly 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.7% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.8% today and down 27.8% in the last month.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.6% today and down 34.1% in the last month.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.