Utilities stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.5% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.3% today and down 44.2% in the last month.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.