Utilities stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.2% today and up 53.8% in the last month.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $39.30.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.