Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 5.5% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.