Basic materials stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 4.9% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.4% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.0% to a new 52-week low of $3.93.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.