Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.9% today.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.