Basic materials stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $49.06.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 1.9% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.