Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 2.5% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 2.0% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $83.40.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is up 1.3% to $187.53, near the 52-week high of $187.97.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 0.2% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.