Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 3.0% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $83.33.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.9% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Urs Corp (URS): URS stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.