Capital goods stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 1.1% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 0.3% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.