Capital goods stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 0.9% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 0.8% today and up 25.1% in the last month.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 0.7% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 0.6%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 1.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.