Capital goods stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 1.6% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 0.8% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 0.6% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 4.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.