Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is up 7.5% to a new 52-week high of $68.51.
- Quiksilver (ZQK): ZQK stock is up 3.0% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is up 1.4% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $42.27.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is down 0.2%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.