Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 10.4% to a new 52-week high of $62.63.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 4.4% to a new 52-week high of $59.77.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is up 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is up 1.8% today.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $40.64.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 1.1% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Bunge Limited (BG): BG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.