Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 7.9% to a new 52-week high of $38.00.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is up 4.0% to a new 52-week high of $62.14.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $23.63.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 0.8% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $53.38.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is down 4.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 2.9% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Elizabeth Arden (RDEN): RDEN stock is down 0.6% today and down 26.1% in the last month.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.