Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 0.6% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 0.6% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 0.4% to $56.57, near the 52-week high of $56.77.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.6% to a new 52-week low of $2,356.00.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.