Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% today and up 102.6% in the last month.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 1.8% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 1.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.