Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 4.7% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 4.2% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 2.6% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 1.4% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 1.2% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.