Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 3.6% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 1.1% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.