Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 4.5% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.8% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $80.37.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 3.5% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 1.5% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.