Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Thursday, down 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 0.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 0.2% to a new 52-week high of $80.50.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 6.9% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 6.4% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is down 6.0% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 5.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 5.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 4.3% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 4.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is down 4.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 3.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.