Financial stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 4.5% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 5.1% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 4.6% to a new 52-week high of $10.36.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 4.8% to a new 52-week high of $35.68.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Allstate Corp (ALL): ALL stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $57.61.
- AON Plc (AON): AON stock is up 1.7% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 7.8% to a new 52-week low of $40.54.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 2.5% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.8% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.8% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.