Financial stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is up 5.6% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 4.2% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 3.7% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 3.6% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is up 2.6% to $53.88, near the 52-week high of $54.02.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 3.4% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.