Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is up 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is up 0.6% to $11.47, near the 52-week high of $11.51.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 0.6% today and up 20.2% in the last month.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 3.6% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 3.5% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is down 3.3% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 3.1% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 3.0% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.