Financial stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 3.3%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 3.0% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $42.95.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $10.11.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 1.4% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ): SUSQ stock is down 2.1% to a new 52-week low of $9.81.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Fulton Financial Corp (FULT): FULT stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.