Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 5.4% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 4.7% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 4.3% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 3.7% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 0.4% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 0.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.