Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 8.1% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 6.6% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 6.3% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $59.51.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $174.30.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 8.2% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 6.4% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 4.2% today.
- Acceleron Pharma Inc (XLRN): XLRN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 2.5% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 2.1% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.