Healthcare stocks declined 0.9% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 2.1% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.9% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 3.7% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 3.3% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 2.9% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.