Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 5.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 3.5% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 3.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 5.4% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 0.4% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.