Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Brady Corp (BRC): BRC stock is up 16.0% today.
- Dollar Tree (DLTR): DLTR stock is up 7.2% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is up 4.6% today.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 6.4% today.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is up 4.8% today.
- Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp (BAH): BAH stock is up 4.9% today.
- Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG): SIG stock is up 5.1% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is up 5.3% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is up 4.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 4.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Mobile [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHL): CHL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Rlj Lodging Trust (RLJ): RLJ stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): AEO stock is down 2.1% to a new 52-week low of $10.38.
- Partner Communications Company Ltd (PTNR): PTNR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Target Corp (TGT): TGT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT): HT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is down 0.9% today.
- Petsmart Inc (PETM): PETM stock is down 0.9% to a new 52-week low of $56.50.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.